1. What is DPT and what does Physical Therapist do?
DPT stands for doctor of physical therapy. DPT is a five-year Degree program.
Physical Therapists examine each person and then develops a treatment plan to improve their ability to move, reduce or manage pain, restore function, and prevent disability.
2. What is the role of Physical Therapists in modern healthcare?
They provide a physical therapy diagnosis listing the impairments and limitations which may impact quality of life, formulate an effective interventional plan based on short term or long term goals to prevent disability, promote health & wellness and maximize the physical functioning.
3. What is the duration of DPT program?
It is a full time five years professional degree program of 174 credit hours over 10 consecutive semesters.
4. What are the entry requirements?
12-years of formal education FSC (Pre-Medical) or A- level or equivalent.
• Minimum 60% marks at intermediate level or equivalent • Equivalence certificate from IBCC in case of O & A level
5. Who should study?
Students who are interested in life sciences, will work directly with the patients ensuring their recovery after surgery, injury, fracture or other acquired disabilities.
6. Why study at Hayat Institute of Rehabilitation Medicine?
Hayat Institute of Rehabilitation Medicine, stand distinct with highly qualified and experienced faculty for strong academic basis and for sound clinical training, having best purpose built infrastructure with state of art equipment.
7. How is campus life?
The purpose built campus is known for its convenient & serene environment. The campus is guarded with comprehensive security arrangements and CCTV. A vibrant range of extracurricular & co-curricular activities are also conducted regularly to make the student life at our college even more enriching.
8. Is Financial Aid Available?
There are a limited number of merit- and need-based scholarships available.